With the development of cognitive impairments or memory issues like Dementia, Alzheimer’s, or Parkinson’s, comes the struggle to care for them at home. Staying alone with no family to attend to them comes with its risks. They could be potentially prone to falling, wandering off, forgetting medicines, etc. Papayacare has trained staff with different approaches for memory care assisted living. The key is timely medicine, a set routine, clutter-free space, and productive distractions. We also encourage them to participate in different memory games, sudoku, puzzles, drawings, and conversations of the past, to exercise their grey cells.
The highlights of Memory Care are:
- 24-hour nurse on site.
- Caregiver to offer any assistance required, be it feeding, bathing, grooming, walking, running errands, etc.
- Laundry and housekeeping services.
- Additional safety bars in bathrooms and surveillance cameras to prevent any wandering off.
- Emphasis on memory games is quizzes, sudoku, art, or revisiting albums. Board games, writing practice, etc.
- Scheduled services of a hairdresser, salon, physiotherapy, counseling, etc.
- Birthdays and festival celebrations.
- 24-hour Wi-Fi connection, cable tv, mobile recharge services, etc.
- Assistance in video calling, face timing family members, etc.