Winter is recognized as a season of cold and flu season but if you want to avoid getting sick and don’t want to have those antibiotics, it’s high time you start relying on “Prevention is better than cure”. Here are few tips to strengthen your body and your immune system during this winter season.
- Drink Lots and Lots of water: The most crucial thing that we do miss in winter is drinking enough water to keep the body hydrated. It’s necessary to drink an adequate amount of water for your health.
- Shed your stress: The more stressed you are, the more you will be prone to cold and flu. Hence, it is vital to minimize your stress by spending quality time with your friends and family and by working for reasonable hours. Also, you can do activities like yoga and meditation for giving your mind the peace it deserves.
- A Healthy diet: No matter which season it is, eating a healthy diet is vital. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables keeps you fit and energetic. Also, consuming diet like eggs, meat, fish etc. in winters keeps us warm from inside and also strengthens our immune system. Make sure that you are eating a healthy breakfast every day.
- Do homework: Sounds weird? But it is crucial to do your homework to find the best supplement because no matter how perfectly you eat, you still need some extra pinch of nutrition to stay healthy. You can go for the essential oils, the extra vitamins that your body is lacking at, etc. We all have different bodies and so our body requirements also vary. So, doing homework before opting for some supplement is very essential.
- Exercise regularly: Another aspect of staying healthy is by regularly exercising. It not only keeps us fit but also strengthens our immune systems. No matter, you are a child, adult or in your 60-70s, mild exercising or a brisk walk is always advisable.
- Sleep properly: Getting an adequate amount of sleep keeps the mind and the body fresh throughout the day. Hence, 7 to 8 hours of sleep is necessary to charge your batteries otherwise, you will become more prone to illnesses.
- Germ factory: Washing your hands regularly helps your hands to get rid of the germs like bacteria, dust etc. Though it’s cold but doesn’t rush while washing your hands, do it atheist for 20 seconds. Also, you can keep a sanitizer with you if you are traveling.
- Care for Elders: If you have old grandparents at your home, make sure that you are taking care of them properly. Care for seniors on your own so that they don’t catch any disease or infection in this bitter cold else, you can also look for the Assisted Living Services.
- Steer clear: Last but not the least, staying away from the people exhibiting symptoms such as coughing and sneezing is the most important thing to do in winters.
If you’re already sick and facing issues such as stuffy noses and sore throats or maybe even temperature, look for doctors and get the prescribed medicines or else go for the home remedies. Don’t let colds and flu stop you this winter. Care for yourself and care for elders in your family!